Okay, now let's finish up with the Christmas report and move onto 2009.
Adriana was the first one up on Christmas morning because I think she started coughing. She got up around 7 a.m. or so, but I made her wait until Jonah and Cara were also up before seeing what Santa left.
As I said on my Facebook page, just in case anyone thinks we put too much emphasis on Santa from the pictures and all here, let me tell you what Adriana told me during all the zaniness of Christmas. I said something to the effect that they would need to get in bed early so Santa could come or something like that. Adriana looked at me and kind of rolled her eyes and said, "Mom, Christmas is about Jesus' birthday, not Santa." Yeah, she gets it.
When Adriana got up, she immediately went to the den where Santa has left gifts in the past. He would leave them there even though that was not where the tree was because of the sleeping arrangements on Christmas Eve. This year, he was able to leave them under the tree because we were minus one grandmother.
Adriana definitely looked confused and I had to explain that I thought they were elsewhere in the house. So, she went and woke up Cara and Jonah.
They found their presents and were quite excited. Jonah was in Doodlebops heaven and Adriana immediately found the MP3 player she was left. Cara was the only one a little disappointed because Santa did leave her a purple scooter. (This was a last minute request from her. The child has got to learn that Santa has a deadline.)
We kind of lounged around all day while the children enjoyed their presents. Okay, they lounged while I took down the tree. We never take the tree down that early, but I was concerned because of the leaning of the tree. We were also going to be out of town for a few days, so I didn't want to return with a tree in the floor.
That afternoon, we made mini cakes and sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus. And, Bruce read the Christmas story from the gospel of Luke.
We headed to Bruce's mom's late that afternoon so I could do a little day after Christmas shopping for ornaments and wrapping paper for next year.
We also had an important appointment to keep that I will write about in the next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment