Pressing pennies, a favorite Disney activity.
Tapping Lightening McQueen, trying to get him to blow his horn.
With Lightening McQueen and Mater.
Taking a break in front of the Miss Piggy fountain.On Day 4 of our Disney excursion (bet you're thinking this is never going to end, aren't you?), we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios). This park is another one of those that we say we may not do again, but they have those two or three attractions that keep us coming back.
We arrived at DHS about 30 minutes after rope drop, and 30 minutes after I had planned. We had to find the Toy Story Mania ride because that is the number one ride at Disney right now, I think. When we found it, the line was already about 45 minutes long, so we got Fast Passes for the ride. For those who understand FP, our return time was, I think, about 1:30 or so. That means that the ride was very popular. By the time we returned to the ride, the FP were all gone for the day. (Only a certain number are given out in a day.)
After getting our TSM FP, we waited for the High School Musical 3 Pep Rally. It was good and the children enjoyed it, but I think they enjoyed it more last time. We went on to the Playhouse Disney show, which all of them enjoyed, but don't tell Adriana's friends. She is afraid they would think that she is "uncool" because those are "baby" shows.
Following Playhouse Disney, we went to the Little Mermaid show. To be honest, this is one of my least favorite shows at Disney. The show does have some cool effects and the girls like it, so we went. If you want to see the best show at Hollywood Studios, I highly recommend "Beauty and the Beast." It is excellent, very much like a Broadway show. We didn't see it this time, but we will return one day.
Lunch came around and we had reservations for the 50s Prime Time Cafe. This restaurant is set up like a 1950s era style restaurant and they show 50s' shows continuously on black and white television screens. The food is good ole comfort food like pot roast, meatloaf, fried chicken, etc. We debated on the fried chicken, but being dyed in the wool Southerners, I was afraid that I would be sorely disappointed. I had the pot roast and Bruce had the meatloaf. Both were excellent and ample portions. We had more than enough to feed a third world country. I can't remember what the children had, but they reported that theirs was good, also. I also enjoyed a peanut butter and jelly milkshake. It was oh, so good. For dessert, I had a s'more that was good, but very rich. I couldn't finish it.
At the Prime Time Cafe, the wait staff also treats you like mothers used to treat you. We saw one waitress make one customer stand with his nose on the wall for putting his elbows on the table. Ours kind of fussed at Bruce for doing the same. She also gave the children a hard time about not finishing their food. She was very nice, though. She is originally from Colombia and about Bruce's age. We talked about when we were younger and how times were then.
After lunch, we headed to the Muppet movie in 3-D. Love it! I grew up in the Muppets era and love that they are a part of the Disney scene now. I think they have kept the memory and integrity of Jim Henson alive.
The children were also able to meet Lightening McQueen and Mater. They had their pictures made with them, but they didn't sign autographs because cars can't write. Jonah tried to open Lightening McQueen's door, I think, and he tried to get him to honk his horn by hitting him. (My brother likes to play a trick on him by getting him to hit his car and then he makes the horn beeped by hitting the locks on his car.
We arrived at DHS about 30 minutes after rope drop, and 30 minutes after I had planned. We had to find the Toy Story Mania ride because that is the number one ride at Disney right now, I think. When we found it, the line was already about 45 minutes long, so we got Fast Passes for the ride. For those who understand FP, our return time was, I think, about 1:30 or so. That means that the ride was very popular. By the time we returned to the ride, the FP were all gone for the day. (Only a certain number are given out in a day.)
After getting our TSM FP, we waited for the High School Musical 3 Pep Rally. It was good and the children enjoyed it, but I think they enjoyed it more last time. We went on to the Playhouse Disney show, which all of them enjoyed, but don't tell Adriana's friends. She is afraid they would think that she is "uncool" because those are "baby" shows.
Following Playhouse Disney, we went to the Little Mermaid show. To be honest, this is one of my least favorite shows at Disney. The show does have some cool effects and the girls like it, so we went. If you want to see the best show at Hollywood Studios, I highly recommend "Beauty and the Beast." It is excellent, very much like a Broadway show. We didn't see it this time, but we will return one day.
Lunch came around and we had reservations for the 50s Prime Time Cafe. This restaurant is set up like a 1950s era style restaurant and they show 50s' shows continuously on black and white television screens. The food is good ole comfort food like pot roast, meatloaf, fried chicken, etc. We debated on the fried chicken, but being dyed in the wool Southerners, I was afraid that I would be sorely disappointed. I had the pot roast and Bruce had the meatloaf. Both were excellent and ample portions. We had more than enough to feed a third world country. I can't remember what the children had, but they reported that theirs was good, also. I also enjoyed a peanut butter and jelly milkshake. It was oh, so good. For dessert, I had a s'more that was good, but very rich. I couldn't finish it.
At the Prime Time Cafe, the wait staff also treats you like mothers used to treat you. We saw one waitress make one customer stand with his nose on the wall for putting his elbows on the table. Ours kind of fussed at Bruce for doing the same. She also gave the children a hard time about not finishing their food. She was very nice, though. She is originally from Colombia and about Bruce's age. We talked about when we were younger and how times were then.
After lunch, we headed to the Muppet movie in 3-D. Love it! I grew up in the Muppets era and love that they are a part of the Disney scene now. I think they have kept the memory and integrity of Jim Henson alive.
The children were also able to meet Lightening McQueen and Mater. They had their pictures made with them, but they didn't sign autographs because cars can't write. Jonah tried to open Lightening McQueen's door, I think, and he tried to get him to honk his horn by hitting him. (My brother likes to play a trick on him by getting him to hit his car and then he makes the horn beeped by hitting the locks on his car.
We also stood in line to meet JoJo and Goliath, which the kids don't watch anymore because they are not on Playhouse Disney in the states. Handy Manny eventually came out and we stood in line so Jonah could meet him. Jonah was excited to meet him, but he didn't like that Handy Manny would not talk back to him. (Costumed characters do not talk.) I think I convinced him that Handy Manny had to save his voice for his show.
We ate dinner at the studios, because we stayed there later than we meant to and Cara's blood glucose was going down. We had pizza that was okay. It was decent, but not the best pizza we have ever had.
We returned to our room and tried to have a relaxing evening because we had to get up early for Day 5.

No comments:
Post a Comment