Saturday, June 4, 2011

A day in the life

My brother has been involved with Revolutionary War reenactments for about 20 years. Years ago, his whole family participated, including his three kids. They are all now teenagers and hanging around campsites playing dress up is not quite their idea of fun.


Last year, Adriana's class had a character day where they chose a book and had to dress up as that character to do a presentation. When she showed me her book was about Martha Washington's mother, I made a quick phone call to my brother. He put an outfit in the mail the next day. I think she received an "A" on the report with a "great costume" comment from her teacher. Thank you, Uncle Robin!

So, Adriana was very excited when an event was being held near us and her uncle asked her to help. Since she is in fourth grade, this helped the history she has been learning to come alive. She had a great time, and I received a great workout with all the walking we did that day. Cara and Jonah went with Bruce that day to take his mother out for her birthday, so this also allowed Adriana and I to have a little one on one time.

Uncle Robin has also now helped to create a monster. She told me that she wants to go to every event that is held. Thankfully, Robin said that he only goes to about four a year now.

Whew.

That, I think we can handle.

This the same outfit that she wore last year. When she wore it last year, it went all the way to the ground.

Helping Uncle Robin with a demonstration.


She loved petting the horses that were at the event.


No comments: