Thursday, August 25, 2011

Destressing at the moment

So, a few months have passed since I last posted. The summer was quite chaotic, and life is not slowing down anytime soon. I need a few moments to de-stress, so I am going to do a quick post to update what's going in in our lives.

The big announcement this summer has to do with our moving. Yes, we are moving. Bruce accepted a job about 30 minutes away and we are required to establish residency there, so next week we hope to close on our new house and move Labor Day weekend.

I have actually had a harder time with the move than I thought I would. We have lived here for 11 years. Hard not to get attached to people in 11 years. Plus, this is the only home that our children have known. In fact, Cara and Jonah did not take the news well at all. Cara said she wasn't going, and Jonah, well, we'll just say he became so upset he lost his cookies. At first, Adriana seemed okay, but that night she became a little upset when she realized that she would be leaving all of her friends behind.

Our new house is in a neighborhood with children. Right now, where we live we do not have neighbors. I have told a few people that our children may decide they actually like each other since they will have others with which to play.

Now, I am knee deep in boxes. I am trying to make the most of the time that the children are in school to get as much packing completed as possible.

So, I better go. I will update more later.

No comments: